Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Unemployed...again

      It appears as if another chapter in my life has come to a close. As of today, I am no longer employed. I was terminated from my position at Shenadoah National Park this afternoon. They said they felt I wasn't suited for the position. I have my own ideas as to why things didn't work out but at this point, it really doesn't make any difference. The question is-where to now?

     Given the economy, this is a tough place that I find myself in. Luray is not a large town by any means, and Page County has one of the highest unemployment rates in the state. If a job is to be found around here, more than likely it will be a minimum wage position. I also haven't made many friendships in the area so I have no real connection here. I do have an apartment, but with no income, that wouldn't last very long.

     I think I am left with two options. Being a veteran, I could take advantage of the services offered through the VA. I spent a year in the hospital in Johnson City and do have a few friends there. There is also a VA hospital in Martinsburg, WV that I understand has a fairly good job placement program. I'm not sure that would be the most beneficial move, but it is an option.

      The other option would be to try to find a place where work would be available and attempt to locate a position there. Searching for work in this economic environment can be a rather depressing endeavor. It is not something I look forward to again. Wish me luck; I'm gonna need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment