Monday, February 24, 2014

I'm Still Standing...s

I guess after nearly 18 months, it's time to play catch up. But first off, some may ask if I have any regrets about coming out as a gay man. Only one; that I didn't do it earlier in my life. Other than that, I have finally become comfortable in my own skin. Yes, sometimes it seems like I have much more "skin" than normal. Being more sedentary than  I am used to, I have put on some weight. I am learning however, that my biggest problem is serving portions. and that damn sweet-tooth. Over all, though I would say my life is pretty good-much better than it has been in years. I have a man in my life that I am truly in love with. I have a job that I look forward to going to. An ever =widening circle of friends here in the NOVA/DC area. I do miss the mountains and just being able to walk out of town and go for a week long hike or more.
Manassas, VA, February 2014


Because of some physical ailments, I may be able to go on a long walk again. Or it may just be, that a long walk is precisely what I need. In any case, nothing will be happening for a while. I am a couple of years away from being out from under debt. And Axel and I have decided to get married. No time has been set yet, as we are still working through the details. Amanda, my daughter, is getting married this August as well, and Axel is also planning a trip to Niagara Falls this summer.

So there is a potential for a busy year. I will try to keep things more up to date. Oh yeah...we finally got snow this winter in Manassas. We got about 8" in one day. I really want a foot or more. But we can save that for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment